D-Day

By: Deana Bell, Director, Restored Marriage
On this very day, 8 years ago, my husband and I separated.

Some years the day seems to come and go without me ever noticing and other years I have found myself in a struggle.

The New Oxford American Dictionary defines "D-Day" (in addition to the WWII reference) as "the day on which an important operation is to begin or a change to take effect." I have never looked at my situation 8 years ago with so much hope after reading this simple definition.

Last week, on this blog, we talked about the influence of the enemy's kingdom in our lives and how, if we are unaware, we are able to be easily fooled and more susceptible to sin. This week, I want us to focus on God's "important operation" that was also in play as my separation occurred.

Do you think for a second that God did not know that my husband and I were going to separate and almost divorce? The answer is "NO." Of course, He knew. And because He knew He needed to have a plan as well. And as Scripture tells us His plans are the ones that will prevail. (see Proverbs 19:21, Isaiah 14:24, 2 Chronicles 20:6, Job 42:2)

So what was God's operation that took effect as my husband and I were separating?
  1. God's plan……and I believe this is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the operation…was that my husband would become saved and enter into His kingdom.
  2. God's plan was that both my husband and I would come to know Him more, first separately, and then as a couple.
  3. God's plan was that we would repent to one another, forgive one another and start a life on a new page.
  4. God's plan was that we would serve him, together, for the rest of our lives as a one-flesh couple.

I am not special or different in the way that God sees my purpose. I often encounter people who say (or think) "Well that's what God did for you." and then they discount themselves by adding, "My situation is different (more bleak) and I haven't seen any of what you are talking about in my own life." If you are thinking that RIGHT NOW, I break it off in Jesus' name. Please repent for that ungodly thought and instead, impart what God wants you to know…..you are worthy, you are faithful, and your marriage matters to Him. He WILL do for you what He has done for me and even more. You have a testimony too!

I'm sure you probably have your own D-Day. I'm sure you remember it well. I'm quite certain that it probably causes you additional trauma just to think about it. Please trust me and turn this D-Day from a curse to a blessing.

Look back at your D-Day and read the definition again…….."the day on which an important operation is to begin or a change to take effect." If you then choose to believe that GOD has an operation, as we saw earlier in Scripture, denounce the devil's operation and declare what we know is true from the WORD……GOD'S OPERATION WILL PREVAIL…….you need only have faith and believe it.

I encourage you to stop reading this blog RIGHT NOW and get out a notebook. What is God saying to you about His operation? Write down, like I did above, at least FOUR THINGS that God has spoken to your heart about what HE alone is planning. Share them in the comments section if you would like so that we can pray for each other. Or, if you would prefer, share your list with a friend and ask them to pray with you over your list. Pray that His purpose and operation will go down deep into your soul and find a place, that when the enemy attacks. Pray that you will remember on your "D-Day" that God prevails, not the enemy.

I promise you that when you walk in forgiveness and confident of what God WILL do for you, your life will change significantly.
Deana is currently one of the Directors of Covenant Keepers, International. She graduated from the Dove School of Leadership through Chesapeake Bible College and received her Pastor's license in 2019. Previously she and her husband, Koji, served as the Mid-West Regional Directors of Covenant Keepers and as small group leaders in that area. She has a degree in Secondary Education as well as experience in counseling from a biblical standpoint. For the last 20 years, she has also served her family as a stay-at-home mom and homeschool teacher. Deana's marriage has been restored since 2013.

She is passionate about having a relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. She has seen many miracles in her life as well as in the lives of the people around her. At her core, she is an encourager and disciple of Christ, spending most of her days ministering to people and digging into the Word. She also speaks at conferences, loves to write, and teach the Word of God. She and her family currently live and attend church in the Charlotte, NC area.

Related Posts

7 Comments

Paige - January 21st, 2020 at 9:03am

Deana as I read Gods plan for you I immediately took a screen shot and said that is the same plan God has for us. The only other thing in my plan that you did not have was for me to know Him. I did not until this happened. God has shown me through my stand that this is his plan. Now you have given me confirmation. Thank you.

Deana Bell - January 23rd, 2020 at 3:49pm

I agree, Paige!!!!!! I am so excited that you caught on to this and ran with it!!! God has an amazing blessing waiting for you.

Lashea - January 21st, 2020 at 10:41am

Lord, You know all things. You are all powerful. My heart grieves and Satan attacks. I’m shattered by the Dday that is so very near. I don’t not want this. You are working all things for Your good. I trust in You. Collect my tears. Help me stand. I praise Your name and believe in You. Help me wait well with an open heart for Your Holy Spirit. Heal our hearts. Shower is with blessings. Redeem. Restore. Thank You for being my All, my Beloved.

Deana Bell - January 23rd, 2020 at 3:48pm

Praying in agreement with you, sweet Lashea!! This comment is a blessing to me. I stand with you like Aaron, lifting up Moses' hands.

Marjie Nishan - January 21st, 2020 at 12:43pm

Hi Deana,

Your D-Day did mark a “day on which an important operation began or a change to take effect." The Lord Himself has allowed many to participate in this operational change. For me it has been and will continue to be an honor and privilege to see your testimony build, grow and continue to bring Him glory. Words really are insufficient to express what I mean.

Now I need to do a study of the word “announcement”. “Marjie, we are getting a divorce”. That’s how I refer to the moment when covenant became real to me. So painful but Jesus... so now I will go off to Scripture and dictionaries for a clue to the meaning the Lord wants to give me.

He is always amazing and faithful!

Love and appreciation for you through the Spirit to God our Father and His son, Jesus Christ

nancy conlan - January 22nd, 2020 at 12:25pm

Dear Deana,

Marilyn Conrad the founder of Covenant Keepers wrote an article,if I remember correctly, about watching the movie" Saving Private Ryan" and how she saw the parallel to our stands. United we stand. At the beginning of this movie our soldiers storm the beaches of Normandy. That is what many of us long time standers have done. The enemy hates this ministry and many times we have been shot and wounded trying to learn from the Holy Spirit how to fight. Growing in this ministry is a process but God wants mature sons and daughters in all our Christian life

I liked what Paige said about getting to know God. That is what the Lord taught He is #1 not my spouse, children, cat, dog, belly etc. I had my husband first, not God, and my idolatry to him made me stand and then when that left I said to the Lord I don't love this man any more you won you are first forever in my heart. Now you have to give me your love and forgiveness for him and every one involved 70x7. God is faithful to give us love, healing and forgiveness.

I want to encourage new standers and younger generations you are a blessing to us. We get weary sometimes in well doing but we never give up. You bring strength and courage to us and we bring wisdom and knowledge to you

. All of us were so grateful to Koji and Deana for taking the headship of this ministry saying yes to Gods call. They have been mentored beautifully by Rex and Carolyn. This is a great example of what I'm sharing about the generations

Please Come to Conference this year its the kingdom of God here on earth. Meet us and see the radiance of the Holy Spirit on all the faces and yous too. The love of Lord is amazing as God heals our broken hearts and binds the wounds and makes us the men and women our spouses need and them for us in a Covenant that stands in heaven even now and can never be broken by divorce For What God has joined together let nothing separate. When He looks at us we are married till death. God Bless you all. I asked the Holy Spirit what to write through me so this message is from Him He gets all Glory for the things He has done and will do. Be refreshed anew Amen

God is turning d day into v day for us all VICTORY IN JESUS !!!!!!!!!

Mickey Darlington - February 3rd, 2020 at 4:59pm

This was a fantastic article! Please pray over the following items God is planning for our marriage:

1. “your marriage is a tangled up skein of yarn, and I AM going to make a tapestry of it.”

2. The Holy Spirit will speak to him (husband) the truth of God’s Word.

3. “Love me and loose weight (self), and I will take care of the rest.”

4. Through your (our) ministry marriages will be made better and restored; and individuals will be saved, healed, and delivered.

5. My husband is coming home June 21. I use to think 21 was a day, now I believe it is the year (2021).

Recent

Archive

2019

Categories

Tags

2020 vision 2=1 Marriage Ministry Annual Conference Bible verses about divorce Bible verses about marriage Bible Biblical reasons for divorce Cheating Spouse Christian Covenant Keepers Covenant Craig Hill Divorce Alternative Divorce Recovery Divorce in the bible Divorce Dream Events Faith Family Foundations International God restores marriages God Healed Marriage Testimony Holy Land Holy Spirit Hope I dont want a divorce I need help Israel Jesus Marilyn Phillips Marriage Help Marriage Mike Phillips Pilgrimage Praise Reconcilliation Remarriage Reme Save My Marriage Scripture about giving Scripture on divorce Scripture Separation Alternative Separation Standing Testimony Thanksgiving Wedding Yellow Ribbon Day abortion abundant blessing abuse adultery alternative to divorce angels argument blessing can God heal my marriage can God save my marriage can God speak to me can I live alone can I save my marriage can a Christian be divorced can my marriage be healed can my marriage be saved cheating husband children of divorce children christmas communication culture of blessing custody does God approve of divorce does God speak to people encouragement enemy faithful family fasting feast finances forgiveness freedom friendship gift opportunity gift giving god's provision godly friendship godly marriage groups healing holiday how long husband idolatry intercession international joy legal divorce marriage counseling marriage peace maturity miracle more of God my husband wants a divorce my spouse wants a divorce my wife wants a divorce needs met new year no divorce other woman peace praise report prayer prophesy prophetic word provision radiant joy radiant reasons for divorce reconcile reconciliation recovery relationship with Jesus resentment restoration restored marriage retirement sowing spiritual battle spiritual growth spiritual healing standing for your marriage stop divorce strife struggle teaching thankful the devil wants my marriage the other woman tired tradition tribe trip unforgiveness vision weariness will I be ok women in the bible women words of knowledge