Not In Vain

BY: Stander, Healed Marriage, Georgia, USA
This morning my husband and I prayed together, as it has been a challenging week and the enemy has definitely been attacking. But earlier in the week, I spoke God's word that "No weapon formed against me shall prosper" (Isaiah 54:17) and I asked the Lord to meet our needs. God came through, as He always does, and we persevered.

This morning in prayer, my husband was praying and his voice sounded groggy, as he was thanking God for bringing him to this point in his life. As he kept praying, I noticed that his voice wasn't groggy, he was actually in tears (sobbing at first, followed by weeping). He pretty much cried throughout his entire prayer. He continually thanked God for bringing him out of the darkness, for never leaving him and for holding his hand and carrying him when he couldn't walk on his own.

I was completely blown away. You see, this same time last year my husband had told me that he no longer wanted to be married to me and that he was moving out as soon as he could. At that point, I thought that my life was over. Little did I know that God was working a miracle that I could not see yet in the flesh. What a difference a year makes!

Seeing the transformation that God has done in my husband's heart is astounding. God has allowed me to see that all of the praying, fasting, spiritual warfare, pain, and tears were all worth it. I've never seen my husband so broken over his sin. I've also never seen him this close to and in love with Jesus. It is truly a miracle.

So I just want to encourage everyone that is standing. Please know that your tears, heartache, sleepless nights, self-sacrifice and all of your hard work is not in vain. There is a beautiful, indescribable reward on the other side of your journey. God is so much bigger than we could ever know and in the wonderful words of my amazingly transformed husband, "Let us praise Him, because that is what we were put here to do." I write this story to encourage others and to glorify the One True God. To God be the glory!

Jeremiah 31:16 — "Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded," declares the Lord. "They will return from the land of the enemy. So there is hope in your future," declares the Lord. "Your children will return to their own land."

Related Posts

8 Comments

Starr Lichty - February 4th, 2020 at 10:43am

Dear stander in GA, thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony and that of your precious husband. I am praising the Lord along with you and feeling a renewed hope for myself and my husband.

Nicole - February 4th, 2020 at 11:03am

Praise the Lord for your speedy reconciliation, although it probably didn't seem so fast to you at the time. I would like to share specifically to standers who have been at this for an extended time, and also for those who have experienced "false" starts.

My situation at this very time a year ago, was that my husband said he wanted to come back and date me again, and as I excitedly anticipated, prayed, fasted, and prepared, the enemy got a foothold in. But God's plan was not thwarted! He allowed this false start to occur, and to further 'grow me' more than ever, and in a NEW and wonderful way! Coming from a worldly standpoint, it might seem that I would want to give up. However, looking through spiritual eyes, I could really understand, by actually feeling my faith INCREASE, and I was convinced that I completely trusted in Him. I truly am fulfilled. Thank You Jesus! It is YOU that completes me.

It is the enemy who tells us that Jesus is not enough.

Please don't let a false start or a long stand discourage you. Ask Him every morning to increase your faith. I see God's hand in the restoration business more than ever! We must continue to see our spouses and marriages from God's perspective, and not own. We might be tempted to second guess ourselves about our stands, but that, friends, is doublemindedness, or even giving up, which is not trusting Him with ALL our hearts. We are not to lean on our own understanding, (another temptation).

So, a year ago, a reconciliation did occur to a certain degree, and that has certainly led my husband and I closer to restoration. Don't give up! In God's mysterious ways He works, and in His perfect timing, He suddenly brings forth all kinds of miracles!

Sandy - February 4th, 2020 at 12:17pm

Awesome testimony! Yes, many spouses will give unceasing thanks to our wonderful God, that HE gave great grace to their spouse so they didn't give up on them. I never heard that from my husband cuz unfortunately, he repented a little too late - he died of cancer. BUT, he made it right with God and one day I will see his face again and I know he will make it right with me then and thank God that I never gave up. Even if we will not be married in heaven, I gotta a feeling the Lord has it planned that he and I might be neighbors. : ) To the standers in a long stand, don't give in and declare you will not go thru what I went thru. But even I can say, I would do it all over again. The Lord is worth it all!

Lorraine Woodhouse - February 4th, 2020 at 5:29pm

I believe God has called us to take our stands for His Devine institution of marriage.

Lorraine Woodhouse - February 4th, 2020 at 6:01pm

To finish what I want to share is artical in a devotional by Billy Graham . That really confirms why God would honor our stands for marriage. Qoute. The family is the most important institution in the world. It was God,'s idea in the first place. It was not the invention of sociologists, economists, or government buteaucrats who decided it would make society operate more smoothly. Families existed before cities, and governments, before written language, nation's, temples,& Churches. In the home character & integrity are formed, values made clear & goals are set. These are to last a life time. And if they aren't formed correctly, that too, will result in patterns ----bad patterns that last a life time

Lorraine Woodhouse - February 4th, 2020 at 6:14pm

To finish this If God does not intervine. But what are our defences against such attacks? As always, our best defense is the word of God on marriage and Our obedience toHis word. Pray and believe. Today Satan is attacking that family as never. before . But we

Lorraine Woodhouse - February 4th, 2020 at 6:27pm

I stood for 18 Years prayed and ask God to Change me as Howard's wife and prayed for my busband and my family as well. God changed both of us and restored out marriage and gave us 7 &one half years ofhappy family togetherness YES God is for marriage resturtion. I am convinced of that. Amen

Vonnie Hieber - February 6th, 2020 at 3:17pm

I am delighted to see how God moves, It makes me want to stand all the more , It is a wonderful testimony.May all the Covenant Keepers be best by this testimony.

Recent

Archive

2019

Categories

Tags

2020 vision 2=1 Marriage Ministry Annual Conference Bible verses about divorce Bible verses about marriage Bible Biblical reasons for divorce Cheating Spouse Christian Covenant Keepers Covenant Craig Hill Divorce Alternative Divorce Recovery Divorce in the bible Divorce Dream Events Faith Family Foundations International God restores marriages God Healed Marriage Testimony Holy Land Holy Spirit Hope I dont want a divorce I need help Israel Jesus Marilyn Phillips Marriage Help Marriage Mike Phillips Pilgrimage Praise Reconcilliation Remarriage Reme Save My Marriage Scripture about giving Scripture on divorce Scripture Separation Alternative Separation Standing Testimony Thanksgiving Wedding Yellow Ribbon Day abortion abundant blessing abuse adultery alternative to divorce angels argument blessing can God heal my marriage can God save my marriage can God speak to me can I live alone can I save my marriage can a Christian be divorced can my marriage be healed can my marriage be saved cheating husband children of divorce children christmas communication culture of blessing custody does God approve of divorce does God speak to people encouragement enemy faithful family fasting feast finances forgiveness freedom friendship gift opportunity gift giving god's provision godly friendship godly marriage groups healing holiday how long husband idolatry intercession international joy legal divorce marriage counseling marriage peace maturity miracle more of God my husband wants a divorce my spouse wants a divorce my wife wants a divorce needs met new year no divorce other woman peace praise report prayer prophesy prophetic word provision radiant joy radiant reasons for divorce reconcile reconciliation recovery relationship with Jesus resentment restoration restored marriage retirement sowing spiritual battle spiritual growth spiritual healing standing for your marriage stop divorce strife struggle teaching thankful the devil wants my marriage the other woman tired tradition tribe trip unforgiveness vision weariness will I be ok women in the bible women words of knowledge